A lush green lawn requires a lot of love and some care. If you own one, you know just how crucial watering it is. However, it is easy to forget only to see brown shades here and thereafter a while. To avoid this, it is important to fix a watering and mowing schedule based on the plants on your lawn and stick to it. Since we humans are prone to errors, it is best to invest in a good sprinkler pump.
Sprinkler pumps take away the stress and hard work from watering plants, providing an easy solution to keep the lawn moisturized. They are specifically designed to work with low pressure and high speed.
In this article, we will help you choose the best sprinkler pumps by going through some of the most popular ones on the market today. Read on!
Best Sprinkler Pumps – Expert Picks
1. Red Lion – RL-SPRK150 Sprinkler Pumps
If Amazon approves of it, it is highly likely that you will too! This is why the Red Lion Lawn Sprinkler Pump has made it to our list. We are positive that you will love its features. A few of them are as follows:
- It is made of cast iron and works well as a pump or sprinkler.
- It has a diffuser and a thermoplastic impeller. Both of them together lend it great durability.
- The suction is 2 inches in diameter while the outlet is 1 ½ inch in diameter. The water flow is, thus, smooth and fast.
- The single-phase sprinkler pump has a 1 ½ HP motor.
- The maximum working pressure that you can expect is 44 PSI.
- The manufacturers provide a 2-year limited warranty against defects.
2. Homdox Stainless Shallow Sprinkler Pump
Homdox is known for being sturdy and efficient. It works at 1200 W and has a 1.6 HP motor. The sprinkler pump is mainly made out of plastic and metal and has a range of attractive features. Let’s explore them now:
- The head of the pump is made of stainless steel while the body is made of aluminum. Its handle, on the other hand, is purely iron made.
- It can work at a frequency of 845 gallons per hour.
- You can expect a pressure of around 66 PSI.
- This is a portable sprinkler pump that’s convenient to carry when needed.
- Its automatic ON and OFF switch senses water presence and gets to action accordingly.
- It is easy to assemble and use right away.
3. Simer Best Sprinkler Pumps
This corded, electric sprinkler pump has a motor capacity of 1 ½ HP. It is regarded as one of the best on the market today mainly due to its reliability and durability. A few more details about it are as follows:
- It has corrosion-resistant housing since it is made of thermoplastic.
- It can handle a water temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The flow rate is quite good at 67 gallons per minute.
- The size of the discharge pipe is 1 ½ inch.
- The pump has a dual voltage motor that is set at 230 V. However, it comes with a switch that allows you to change the voltage.
4. WAYNE 1 HP Portable Lawn Sprinkler Pump
If you have a small lawn and 1 HP is good enough for you, the WAYNE pump will serve your needs quite well. This portable lawn sprinkler pump is made of stainless steel and has quite a few attractive features. Let’s take a look at a few.
- The flow rate is 850 gallons per hour. At 10 feet of discharge lift, you can expect around 775 GPH.
- It comes with a handle for easy portability.
- The ON/OFF switch makes it safe to use.
- It has a 120-volt motor that can draw water up to 20 feet.
- It has the ability to maintain consistent water pressure of 60 PSI.
- The sprinkler pump comes with a garden hose adapter.
5. BACOENG High Volume Lawn Sprinkler Pump
The BACOENG sprinkler pump has been designed for those who have an underground sprinkler system. It has multiple interesting features thanks to which it made the list. Let’s check them out:
- It has a centrifugal pump and no suction.
- It has the ability to extract water from shallow pumps and deliver high volume.
- The body is made of stainless steel 304, which is food grade. This means that you get maximum safety and hygiene.
- The pump is resistant to corrosion.
- It has a thermal overload motor protector.
- It is easy to use and needs assembly only the first time.
- The pump is backed by an 18-month warranty.
Make sure you compare all the options and see which one suits your needs the best. All the best!
Now, onto some FAQs and their answers!
What Size Pump Do I Need for my Sprinkler System?
That depends on the GPM requirements. If it is 60 GPM, you will need a pump that can give you 60 PSI.
How Long Do Sprinkler Pumps Last?
If you buy good quality pumps, they will last for around 10-15 years. Cheap ones will only last for a couple of years. So, we always recommend that you buy good ones.
How Much Does a Sprinkler Pump Cost?
They range from $80-100 to $500. It depends on the quality and the capacity of the pump.
Does a Sprinkler Pump Need a Pressure Tank?
Yes, indeed. This is because pressure determines the whole working of the pump.
Don’t wait any longer! Get yourself a sprinkler pump and see your lawn thrive without you having to worry! If you have any doubts, you know how to reach us.