AT&T is among the leading Internet service providers in the country today and for a good reason too. It boasts of high speeds and seamless connectivity. This is why most homes have an AT&T Fiber connection. However, there are two things we should note here:
- Our homes are getting larger
- The routers that come with an AT&T connection are not all that powerful
The routers are just fine for basic usage in a small home but with more devices, more interference, and more space, their performance is heavily challenged. Also, their range is not something they are popular for. If you are facing a similar problem and are unsure what to do, we suggest that you choose a Wi-Fi extender for your AT&T Fiber connection. This will save you from the hassle of buying a new router and will help you eliminate dead spots at home.
Our article today is dedicated to helping you in this regard.
Top Smart Wi-Fi Extender Reviews of 2021
Before we get into the details, we would like to share a guide put together by our experts on this topic. It will help you zero in on the best available option for your requirements.
- Take a look at the type of router you have. Not all extenders are compatible with all routers. Spending time and money buying a great extender will be a waste if your router does not accept it.
- Check whether the extender is compatible with AT&T gateways, routers, and U-verse routers. This will make sure you have an extender that complements your router and works well with it.
- At the same time, the extender should also be compatible with all the devices you own (which need Wi-Fi). While most will connect to laptops, mobile phones, and computers, some may not be compatible with gaming consoles and other smart devices. If you have any of these, you should explicitly check.
- Look for extra features such as beamforming technology and Ethernet ports so that your Wi-Fi extender is future-proof.
Best Wi-Fi Extender for AT&T Fiber
After carefully checking the popular extenders on the market today, we have picked out the top 5 that you must consider. These are among the best of the lot!
1. NETGEAR Wi-Fi 6 Mesh EAX20
When you think of routers, extenders, or modems, you are bound to think of NETGEAR. It is an excellent brand with some of the best designed extenders today. We think that the EAX20 extender from this company is a suitable choice for your AT&T Fiber due to the following reasons:
- With this extender, you will be able to extend the range to about 1500 sft. and connect over 20 devices.
- It is compatible with laptops, phones, IoT devices, cameras, speakers, etc.
- The extender uses the SSID name of your existing network so that you face no connection drops.
- You can enjoy speeds of up to 1.6 Gbps (600 + 1200 Mbps) thanks to its dual-band technology.
- It has 4 simultaneous streams, allowing you to use a wide variety of devices at the same time with no compromise on the speed.
- We love the fact that this is a universally compatible extender, which means it will work with any router or gateway. It is specifically optimized for Wi-Fi 6 routers, as its name suggests.
- To help you plug-in your gaming consoles and other wired devices directly, the extender has extra Ethernet ports.
- Setting up the device takes no time. You just need to download the Nighthawk app or use the WPS button to get started.
- The extender is safe to use as it supports WPA/WPA2 and WEP protocols.
2. D-Link AC2000
D-Link is another great brand when it comes to routers and extenders. And, we are happy to report that the D-Link Wi-Fi Range Extender (AC2000) is a good choice for AT&T Fiber. We say so confidently because it has impressed us with the following features:
- This is an in-wall signal booster with a sleek design. It is compact and portable and does not make the wall look ugly with any extra cables.
- The extender has the capability of giving you an incredible Wi-Fi speed of up to 2000 Mbps.
- Its dual-band connectivity makes it a flexible choice and reduces interference. This comes handy during HD streaming and gaming.
- You can use the extender with wired and wireless devices thanks to its Ethernet ports.
- One of the features we absolutely love is the Smart Signal Indicator, which tells you which location is suitable for setup.
- You can extend your range using the 10 to 1000 gigabit Ethernet ports.
3. ASUS RP-AC1900
The ASUS repeater and extender is a neat multifunctional device capable of providing high speed and great range. Here’s why we want you to consider it for your home:
- It has a unique and excellent design that can add to the aesthetics of the room.
- The dual-band connectivity offers a flexible data transfer rate of up to 1200 Mbps.
- It can easily cover up to 3000 sft.
- It is compatible with 802.11 n,b,a, and ac.
- The extender works on the AiMesh technology making it the perfect pick for AiMesh-compatible routers.
- You can use the multipurpose device as a media bridge, an access point, an AiMesh node, or simply as a Wi-Fi extender.
- Together, the two bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) provide up to 1900 Mbps speeds.
- It comes with a wide range of additional features including parental controls, adaptive QoS, and AiProtection.
- You will not face any issues setting the extender up. You just need to download the app and get going.
4. Rockspace 1200RPT
Anyone looking for an affordable and decent extender will like the Rockspace 1200RPT. It promises 360-degree coverage with full signal and the following features:
- You can enjoy up to 1186 Mbps (300 + 867 Mbps on 2.4 and 5 GHz respectively) on this dual-band wireless Wi-Fi extender and repeater.
- It can cover up to 1292 sft., which is good enough for most homes.
- With the help of its Smart Signal Indicator, you can detect the best place for its setup and then sit back and enjoy as it extends the Internet to your bedrooms, living room, restroom, garden, common area, etc.
- The two antennae give you excellent range and flexibility so that you connect more devices and enjoy lag-free gaming and HD streaming.
- It is also compatible with many smart home devices.
- The manufacturers claim that it is compatible with 99% routers out there but we advise you to check before purchase anyway. We are sure you don’t want to be among the 1%!
- Its Ethernet port lets you connect to wired devices such as gaming consoles and IoT appliances.
5. TP-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Extender – RE650
We can’t speak about extenders at length and not mention TP-Link! It is not just out favorite but also Amazon’s! Let’s take a closer look to find out why:
- You can enjoy up to 2,600 Mbps with its dual-band technology.
- The extender also serves as a booster and Wi-Fi repeater. You can use it as an access point, gigabit port, and a simple extender based on your preferences.
- Its quad-antenna design makes it cover all dead zones in the house, leaving no corner untouched.
- You can use its Smart Signal feature to determine where to place it for maximum benefit.
- It is compatible with a wide range of smart devices and gaming consoles (it has an Ethernet port).
- Additional features include MU-MIMO technology and beamforming technology.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
Before we round off, let’s take a look at a few FAQs that we have received from our readers:
How Can I Boost My AT&T Wi-Fi Signal?
There are a few steps you can take such as:
- Removing interfering devices such as cordless phones, ovens, and baby monitors and keeping them away from the router
- Changing the location of your router and placing it in the room where usage is highest
- Using the Ethernet for HD streaming and gaming
- Buying a Wi-Fi booster
Does AT&T Provide Wi-Fi Extenders?
Yes, it does. But you don’t have to limit yourself to the choices. You can choose any compatible extender from other providers as well.
Why is AT&T so Slow?
There may be many reasons behind a slow connection such as Wi-Fi latency, poor router capability, device problems, and interferences. Also, the plan you chose may not be enough for your usage.
Do Wi-Fi Extenders Really Work?
They do! They work very well to extend the connection without having to spend big bucks.
Does NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender Work with AT&T?
In general, we would say yes because NETGEAR extenders mostly have universal compatibility. However, it is a good idea to check before purchasing.
Where Should a Wi-Fi Extender Be Placed in a two-story house?
You can either place it on the floor on the second floor or on the ceiling in the first. You can use the smart signal button (if your extender has one) to determine the exact optimal location.
The Wi-Fi extender is an excellent invention and we suggest you make full use of it by choosing a compatible one for your AT&T router. Any of the options above will work well but you should consider the range, speed, and other features to zero in on the best one.