Dry indoor air is an instant turn off. But, at the same time, a heater is a necessity. So how do you ensure you don’t suffer from dry air at home? Is it even possible? Well, yes!
And, we are going to help you with multiple tips and suggestions for the same.
The best way to do it is to use a damp towel. You can use it in hotels and homes without any problems.
Using a Damp Towel
It’s simple! All you have to do is wet a towel and wring it to remove all the excess water. Then, just put it on the vent of the heater. All the warm air will pass through this towel, getting moisturized in the process. You will never wake up to dry skin or irritation after this cool hack!
Is It Safe To Put a Damp Towel Up To a Heater?
This is a question we often get and the good news is that it is quite safe. You don’t have to worry about a thing as long as you do it right. There are two things to remember here –
- The towel should be damp – not dripping wet.
- Make sure it only covers the vent and not the other parts. Misplacement can cause problems.
Other Ways to Protect Yourself From Dry Air
While we love the damp towel technique the most, we cannot deny that there are other techniques that you can choose as well. Here they are:
- Lower the heat using the thermostat and wear a sweater. This is a better and greener option. Plus, you cannot ignore the fact that sweaters make you cozier!
- You can also dry your clothes on the radiator. This works on the same principle as a damp towel. But the bonus is that your just washed pants will be dry in no time.
- Boil a pot of water on the stove top. The steam will act as a humidifier.
- Another easy technique is to place pots containing water on the radiator. The water will evaporate, enabling you to hydrate the air.
- Make your own humidifier with a freezer bag (plastic). All you have to do is to punch holes in it and wet a sponge. After this, squeeze the sponge to remove excess water and place it in the bag. Put the bag anywhere in the room.
All of these methods are effective but we find damp towels to be the easiest hack. You can do it even when you are in a hotel. And it is completely safe to use a damp towel. So, why wouldn’t you do it?
For more suggestions, tips, and tricks, please write to us or comment. We are happy to help in every way we can.