Are you constantly under fear of someone entering your house in your absence? With advanced technologies, monitoring your homes has become simpler than ever. If you worry about someone invading your home when you are away, the smart thing to do is get a siren installed. Sirens in smart homes are capable of alarming the neighbors through the high sound when burglars try to enter your house. Get yourself a SmartThings alarm siren and get rid of your constant worries.
In this article, we have made a list of the best SmartThings siren for your house. They are easy to install and some also come with cameras and additional sensors. Check out the options given below and pick the best siren for SmartThings.
Best Siren for SmartThings
1. Aeotec Siren Gen5 Z-Wave Plus Safety Alarm
The Aeotec ZW080-A is a powerful alarm that is sure to engage you with such powerful noise. It is a Z-Wave Plus certified product that is compatible to work with certified Z-Wave gateways and software like Fibaro, HomeSeer, Indigo, Piper, Samsung SmartThings, Mios Vera, openHAB, and Wink.
- The alarm is 106dB which surely cannot be ignored by your neighbors. The decibels on this device can be adjusted up to 3 levels.
- It comes with a built-in constantly recharging 430 mAh backup battery which ensures that the alarm would go off even if there’s no electricity.
- There are 5 different tones available to customize the alarm for emergencies from fire to home intrusions.
- It features visual alerts with the 3 powerful front-facing LED lights.
- It is very compact and easy to install by just plugging it into a power outlet and connecting it via the smart app.
2. Epsilont 30Watt Dual Tone Siren
The Epsilont Dual Tone is a premium quality siren without the premium price tag. It is an extra loud self-contained dual-tone alarm with a volume of up to 120dB. If you are on a budget, you should definitely go for this one as it has so many features to offer at a reasonable price tag.
- The Epsilont alarm features 2 tones Yelp and Steady.
- It has a compact design and can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
- This product is made up of weatherproof ABS plastic that is sure to last longer through seasons.
- It has a 6-12 V DC combination speaker.
- It is a great addition to SmartThings and other smart home systems.
3. Honeywell WAVE2 Two-Tone Siren
The Honeywell WAVE2 Siren is the star on our list in all aspects. It has an affordable price tag, a compact size, and easy to mount design. All you have to do is mount the box through the nail holes at the back. The instructions for mounting are also provided at the back of the box. It must be mounted at ceiling height and at least 4 feet away from any way the burgers could enter the property.
- It is compact and lightweight with easy to install instructions.
- The hinged case design allows it to be mounted at the corner or ceiling without much hassle.
- It is a dual-tone siren with 106 dB sound pressure at 12V DC.
- The sound is loud enough to disturb your neighbors in case of theft or burglary.
- It is ideal to use with smart home systems like XFINITY, Konnected, Hubitat, SmartThings, and much more.
4. SimpliSafe Wireless Auxiliary Siren
This Auxiliary alarm from SimpliSafe is one of amazon’s choice products that is sure to grab your attention. The best part about it is that it is ready to work right out of the box system. It comes pre-installed with batteries and adhesive. It is not only compatible with your SimpliSafe home security system but other smart home systems as well.
- This is a 105dB alarm that alerts the burglars that police are on their way.
- It can be installed indoors as well as sheltered outdoors.
- You can also opt to mount it on the wall or ceiling with the 2 screws and a mounting plate that comes in the box.
- It can be customized to mimic door chimes as well.
- It is a compact and lightweight alarm with a modern design.
Apart from the standard alarm for your smart homes, there are other advanced sirens also available in the market. Some of them are all-rounder and can cater to your needs for the camera, temperature sensors, motion sensors, alarms, taking action, and responding among others. We have included one such product in our list that is sure to fulfill all your smart home needs. Read on to know more.
5. Arlo Ultra 2 Spotlight Camera with Siren
The Arlo is a spotlight camera that can also function as an alarm when needed. It lets you see videos round the clock with 6 months of battery life on a single charge. You could also zoom into the videos and view the details carefully before taking and action. Want to know more about this advanced siren?
- This spotlight camera lets you see and record videos in 4K with HDR for clearer picture quality during the day as well as night.
- You can receive notifications for people, parcels, vehicles, and packages through the spotlight and also interact with visitors with two-way audio.
- Depending on the situation you can call a friend, dial emergency services, or set off an alarm sound in case of any mishappenings.
- It has a wider 180 degrees viewing angle and a color night vision technology.
- It is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, Ok Google, and Samsung SmartThings.
Did you check out our list of the best sirens for SmartThings? We are sure, you have made up your mind for one of these. All of these alarms have unique attractions and most of them are also compatible with other smart home apps. However, getting yourself one that’s ideal with SmartThings would surely be beneficial as you already have access to it and know how to use it as well. These alarms are sure to satisfy your needs. So what are you waiting for? Order one for your home and bid adieu to round-the-clock worries for the security of your home.