How to Reset Nest Thermostat – Here’s a Detailed Guide to Help you
Nest Thermostats are super convenient because they help us adjust the temperature at home remotely. All you need is the Android app, and you are set
Besides learning its functionality and the experiences it offers, it is important that you also learn how to reset it. This can come handy when you are replacing it or moving to a new home or if it isn’t working. The process takes only a few minutes and does not need expert help. We have listed the steps below to help you out.
How to reset Nest Thermostat
- Click on your thermostat so that the main menu shows up.
- Scroll to find Settings and click on it.
- Keep scrolling to the right and stop when you find Reset.
- You will see a question and a list now, and at the bottom, you will find “All Settings.”
- After you choose All Settings, you just need to choose Reset again to confirm.
- An interesting dial will appear now. You will have to select the silver ring and drag it all the way to the other side.
- Once you do that, you can select OK.
- The factory reset process will start in 10 seconds.
- After the process is completed, you will start from scratch, i.e. the Language Selection screen.
Useful tip: Once you confirm the reset you will still have time to revert it. In case you change your mind, you can cancel it within those ten seconds.
Remember that resetting the Nest Thermometer is important not just when you want to replace it or when it is not working. When you shift to a new home too, you must reset the device. This is because at your new home you will have a new Wi-Fi connection and all the processes have to be done from scratch. Simply uninstalling it from here and installing it there will not help you.
Also, speaking of uninstalling, we would like to inform you that while you can do it yourself, it may take time and patience. You have to take it out of the wall and make a few changes in settings. You also have to be very careful because you might end up blowing a fuse. Thus, it is advisable to call an electrician for this job. Electricians know how to handle these requirements without problems.
Nest Thermometers are extremely useful devices that make life easier. Make sure you reset yours before you move into your new house!