The garage is an incredible space. It can double as a workstation, a hangout corner, a gym, and so much more. Turning it into a gym seems like a neat idea because you have a dedicated space to sweat it out and focus on your fitness.
However, when winter arrives, things change drastically. The garage, once your haven, turns into an ice shard that can freeze you forever! How, then, do you continue staying fit? The answer is simple – a heater for the garage gym!
Once you bring home the right garage gym heater, you won’t have to worry about skipping exercise or risking your health in a bid to stay fit. But, the question is – which one should you buy? Sweat not, because we have a list of the best for you.
Best Heater for Garage Gym – Editor’s Choice
Our list has been curated, tried, and tested for assurance and safety. You can rest assured that no matter which one you choose, you will be happy.
1. Pro Breeze Space Heater
This is a 1500W portable and electric heater that you can use for your garage gym, home, office, and bedroom. This simple solution comes with multiple features that we have enunciated below:
- It has 3 operating modes and an adjustable thermostat.
- It is a ceramic heater designed to be energy efficient. It is also compact, requiring less space.
- The heater has multiple safety features such as overheat protection, anti-tip over switch, and more.
- It is ultra-portable and lightweight.
- The length of the cable is 1.83 meters, which is decent enough.
2. Mr. Heater Propane Radiant Heater
The Mr. Heater Propane Radiant Heater has a capacity of 22,000 BTU. It is powerful, efficient, and does the job it is meant to do. Here are a few reasons why we think you should buy it:
- It is a radiant garage heater, which uses propane. So, if you do not want to use electricity, this is a good choice.
- The heater can cover 550 sft. That’s quite a good area for a garage.
- The radiant heat works to heat objects directly instead of focusing on the air. This makes it very efficient.
- It is ready to use right out of the box.
- Mr. Heater comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It has automatic safety shut-off.
- The heater can be mounted on the wall.
3. KING Garage/Shop Heater
The KING space heater has a heating capacity of around 5000W. It has a metal construction with a durable finish to make it last long. Below are a few more features:
- The heater has NiChrome open coil elements, which function to ensure quick heat transfer.
- It has a built-in thermostat.
- It is protected by a patented smart limit technology that provides auto shut-off.
- It comes with a wall mount bracket, making installation easy.
- It can heat garage gyms of up to 500 sft.
4. NewAir Portable Garage Heater
If you are looking for an option that has the seal of trust of Amazon, this is it. NewAir is Amazon’s Choice in its category for various reasons. A few of them are as follows:
- Its hard shell exterior ensures sturdiness even in tough climates.
- It has many safety features such as overheating protection. The manufacturers claim that it is considered one of the safest in the market.
- You can hardwire it to your 30 Amp breaker and rest with ease. Maintenance is not a problem with this heater.
- The heater has adjustable louvers that direct heat exactly where you need it. You can also adjust the louvers to cover the whole garage.
- It comes with mounting hardware, allowing you to mount it on the wall or the ceiling.
5. Fahrenheat Portable Heater
Those who need a heavy-duty heater can check this one out. It is portable and powerful at the same time, making it a perfect choice for various applications. Here are a few more details:
- It is portable and comes with handles that make it very easy to handle.
- It is ideal for workshops, garage gyms, construction sites, etc.
- Its heating capacity is 13,650 BTU. The heater has 2 heat settings – 4,000 and 9100 BTUs.
- It is a hardwired 240v heater.
- The construction is strong and rugged.
There you go! All you have to do now is to compare these and cross-check your requirements. You will end up with the best choice for your garage gym!
Now is the time to answer a few FAQs about space heaters.
How Do I Heat My Garage Gym?
You could buy any of the aforementioned heaters.
What Type of Heater is Best for Garage?
This entirely depends on your needs and preferences. There are electric, radiant, propane, infrared, and forced air heaters. Each has pros and cons. Electric ones are, however, the most popular.
How Many BTUs Do I Need to Heat a 24×24 Garage?
A forced air heater will be ideal for this size. You can choose 45,000 BTUs.
How Can I Heat My Garage Cheaply?
There are a few things you could do without spending too much money. Installing better insulation is a good start. Also, electric and radiant heaters are not very expensive.
Where Should a Heater be Placed in Garage?
The rule of thumb is that you place the heater in the coldest corner. If you are mounting it, you can do it on the ceiling.
Are Infrared Heaters Good For a Garage?
Yes, they are quite good. They directly heat objects and people, making them very efficient.
If you have chilly winters, the best thing to do would be to buy a garage heater. We hope our article gave you direction and ideas to move forward. If you need any more help, kindly leave a comment.