Ring chime pro’s Wi-Fi extender feature does not make it an ordinary product for extending internet coverage but rather the latest innovation made from cutting edge technology in connecting Wi-Fi to a doorbell, ring camera, and nightlight at the same time. Meanwhile, Wi-Fi extenders are simply products that help in providing internet coverage to the required area according to its bandwidth. This article aims to provide you with the critical features of both products that will help you best differentiate between the two.
Ring Chime Pro VS Wi-Fi Extender
Ring Chime Pro
This particular object is often confused with a Wi-Fi extender. Still, it is instead a Wi-Fi repeater, used for recreating network signals instead of using the method where copper or coax cables are utilized to connect to the routers. If you wonder whether any Wi-Fi extender would work with Ring, Ring Chime Pro is exceptionally crafted to be used with ring products only. It is not compatible with any other products. Here are a few more details about the product:
- This product can connect to as many ring devices simultaneously as compared to an ordinary Extender. However, it would relate only to 32 devices simultaneously.
- It also enables volume controls for notifications.
- It provides multiple ring tones.
- A small light source can be provided at night due to its upfront LED lights.
- The ‘do not disturb’ mode pauses upcoming chimes whenever you enable the feature.
What we don’t like:
The pricing structure of the product acts as a barrier towards easy accessibility as it is expensive. Furthermore, apart from its skyrocketing rate, the product is compatible only with ring devices alone. This creates an issue when you cannot connect it to other devices.
Wi-Fi extenders perform the primary function of rebroadcasting network signals from the original router to other devices far from the primary router. These products are compatible with most devices and various operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS, UNIX, and NetWare. Furthermore, extending the signals renders lag-free connections and cost-efficient coverage. Here are some more details:
- It can cover up to 2000 square feet or even more effortlessly.
- It is compatible with a wide range of routers.
- About three antennas or more could be included to provide connections in rooms far away from the primary router’s location.
- The intelligent signal indicator is one of its crucial features allowing you to find an optimal position.
What we don’t like:
This product provides no pass-through outlets and is somewhat bulkier in its functions. It may also face heating issues due to constant usage.
1. What product wins under Wi-Fi extender vs ring chime pro?
It would depend on your needs to choose a winner for you.
2. Do both the products perform the same function?
No, as the ring chime pro connects doorbells, nightlights, security cameras as well as other ring devices with internet, whereas the primary function of a Wi-Fi extender is to extend network connections simply.
The best Wi-Fi extender for ring cameras would undoubtedly be the Ring Chime Pro. Although this product repeats network signals rather than extends, it is still a 2 in 1 solution. However, if you are looking for a compatible product with every device, we can vouch for a Wi-Fi extender instead, as the Ring Chime connects only with ring devices. So make your choice according to your requirements.