Best Propane Tankless Water Heater For High Altitude – Find The Top Options Now
The idea of a continuous supply of hot water in winter months can soothe the body and soul. Just knowing that you have hot water at hand is a flex of its own. But, with great comfort comes a great electricity bill. Hot water is expensive, which is why electricity bills go up during winter. Does that mean you should forgo this absolute necessity? No!
We are fortunate enough to live in advanced times when there’s an affordable alternative for everything. This includes electric water heaters. We are talking about gas heaters, propane gas in particular. These are excellent choices not just for home but also for camping and outdoor activities. If you get the tankless model, you are all set regardless of where you are.
Propane Tankless Water Heater For High Altitude
If you are looking to carry your water heater during camping, you will need something that suits your requirements. Indoor water heaters will not do the job for you because they don’t work at a high altitude. We advise you to specifically look for tankless options that work on these heights. There are quite a few options out there. So, finding a good one should not be a problem at all.
Best Propane Tankless Water Heater For High Altitude – Editor’s Choice
We have done some research and learning to collate the top choices available on the market today. Users have vouched for them, which is why you can decide without fears.
1. Rheem RTG-84XLN-1 Performance Mid-Efficiency Tankless Outdoor Water Heater
We shall start with a popular product that has managed to impress many users with its outstanding performance. It does its job well and leaves no complications behind. Its specifications are as follows:
- This is a wind-powered heater designed especially for outdoor usage.
- It will help you save up to 1,100 gallons of water per year thanks to its Water Saving Technology.
- The amount of gas consumed per hour is 157,000 BTU.
- It comes with a recirculation pump kit.
- The heater also has a Hot Start Programming that keeps it in a ready-fire state by minimizing cold water bursts.
- It also has a freeze protection up to -30 degrees F.
- It can work at an altitude of 8,400 feet and below.
2. Camplux CA528 Tankless Propane Instant Hot Water Heater
This one’s a liquid propane hot water heater with 120 VAC voltage and some sparkling features that have truly impressed us. It has been advertised as an indoor heater but some users vouch for its outdoor usage as well. Below are more details:
- This is a residential model with precise temperature control and on-demand hot water.
- It allows double adjustment of air and water and is customized with a vent pipe for superior performance.
- Its PCB frequency conversion intelligent control saves energy. It also has intelligent temperature adjustment, durability, and environment protection.
- Its thermal efficiency is around 92%.
- The copper heat exchanger has resistance to corrosion and high temperature.
- Its wind pressure sensor adjusts the fan automatically based on external factors.
3. 18L/4.8 Gallon Tankless Water Heater – Propane Gas
This water heater from the Pevor Store promises instant hot water for the bathroom and shower. It also works well for people living in high altitudes, making it a perfect choice. A few details are listed below:
- The main burner and the heat exchanger use energy-saving technology to decrease noise and gas consumption.
- It functions on a low water pressure startup and provides continuous water supply. This is a huge advantage for anyone living in areas with water shortage.
- The gas automatically shuts off through ion flame inspection.
- It has an overwater pressure protection function that decreases pressure when the water level is high.
- The heater also has an anti-freezing function that protects the body from freezing in sub zero temperatures.
4. Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing High Efficiency Water Heater
The Takagi water heater may be on the expensive side but it is one of the best options out there at the moment. Let’s find out why it is worth it:
- It provides on-demand usage and endless hot water without occupying too much space.
- It is certified to work at altitudes of up to 10,100 ft.
- It has multiple computerized features that maintain safety. These features include surge protection, overheat protection, anti-freezing, and troubleshooting.
- It has a primary heat exchanger that uses copper alloy. This alloy is commercial grade and about 25 times more efficient than other options.
- The heater complies with all ultra-low NOx regulations.
- Its gas input is 199,000 BTU.
5. Rinnai CP199iN Natural Gas Tankless Hot Water Heater
Rinnai is known for excellent products when it comes to water heaters. They are renowned for being efficient and trustworthy. This particular model has these features and more.
- It has a space saving design and it can be mounted on the wall.
- The water heater also saves energy by smartly heating water only when required.
- Its hot water flow rate is 11 GPM.
- It promises a strong and constant stream of water.
- The heater works on the Circ-Logic technology that allows recirculation.
- It also has Wi-Fi monitoring features for on-demand hot water.
Hot water, especially during winters, is a necessity. To be able to get constant water even in high altitudes, you need to do a little extra research and come up with solutions. Thanks to this article, that research is done. All you have to do now is to compare the recommendations and choose your favorite. All the best!