Port forwarding is a crucial task to enjoy seamless and fast Internet services. Port forwarding comes in handy when you want to remove unwanted traffic and only have it on specific networks. It will elevate your gaming and streaming experiences.
While most routers support port forwarding, finding one that is reliable can be difficult. This is because of the sheer number of varieties that the Internet presents to us. Don’t panic, though. We are here to help you out. This guide contains a detailed list of the routers we think will suit your preferences.
Table of Contents
Best Router For Port Forwarding
All these routers have our stamp of approval and have made it to the list only after rigorous testing and research. Please read through.
1. Linksys Smart Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router – AX6000
The Linksys dual-band router is one of our first choices because it is versatile, advanced, and supports port forwarding like a boss! Below are a few details of the same:
- It works on the Intelligent Mesh technology and can support 40 devices in one go.
- Its coverage is around 3,000 sft, which is more than enough at home.
- It is a Wi-Fi 6 router with support for Wi-Fi 5. You can enjoy speeds up to 6 Gbps thanks to this technology. Gaming, video calls, and 4K streaming are much better with this router.
- The router is future-proof and you can keep using it for years. It allows the addition of more products to increase coverage further.
- The setup is quite easy and you will be able to get going within minutes.
- The router supports Alexa voice commands.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router
You shouldn’t be surprised about NETGEAR making it to our list. Its Nighthawk model is one of the best routers at the moment and is perfect for port forwarding too. Here are some of its highlights:
- The dual-band router supports Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, & 10, Mac OS, Linux, and UNIX.
- It supports voice command and you can connect it to your Amazon Echo products at home.
- The router will easily connect to 25 devices across 1500 sft., providing seamless connectivity to each.
- It has multiple wired Ethernet ports for streaming players, gaming consoles, etc. It also has a USB port.
- The router comes with NETGEAR Armor that provides complete protection against cyber threats.
- Its other features include guest Wi-Fi, Firewall, VPN, and DOS.
3. TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Router For Port Forwarding – AC1900
This router from TP-Link is an app-controlled device with dual-band capacity. It has 5 ports with a Gigabit bandwidth. A few more highlights are as follows:
- You can enjoy up to 1300 Mbps speed on the 5 GHz band.
- This is an MU-MIMO Gigabit router that can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously.
- It has 3 antennas and the ability to support over 50 devices at the same time.
- Its Beamforming Technology enhances Wi-Fi coverage and delivers a stable connection even in a long range.
- The router comes with parental controls such as daily limits and blocking inappropriate sites.
- It has 5 Gigabit ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN).
4. Google Nest Wi-Fi Router For Port Forwarding – AC2200
Google entered the router niche recently, but it took the world by storm with its A-class products. The Google Nest is a Wi-Fi router that works on the mesh Wi-Fi system. Let’s learn more about it:
- This scalable router works to give you incredible coverage (up to 2200 sft.), eliminating buffering and instability.
- It can support 200 devices together and enable you to watch 4K videos and play games.
- The router works smartly to ensure that you get a stable connection in the entire house.
- It has the capacity to automatically update features as and when needed.
- It is very easy to setup. It also has a guest mode and parental controls.
- It has 2 Ethernet ports and is suitable for small to medium spaces.
5. ASUS Wi-Fi Gaming Router For Port Forwarding – RT-AC5300
Gaming enthusiasts will find this ASUS router to be a league above the rest. It is a tri-band device, made especially to meet high quality streaming and gaming needs. Below are reasons why you should buy it:
- It provides a coverage of 5000 sft. and delivers up to 5334 speeds.
- It is powered by the MU-MEMO technology that makes it compatible with various clients. It also supports all operating systems.
- The router has a built-in Gamers Private Network (GPN).
- Trend Micro provides multi-layered protection from threats and keeps sensitive data safe.
- It has 4 ports.
- Among its other advanced features are NitroQAM and Adaptive QoS technologies.
You will note that each of the router options mentioned above have their own pros and cons. But what’s a pro for someone else may be a con for you and vice versa. Therefore, it is very important that you assess your needs such as coverage and speed, and only then choose a router. For example, if you have a small home, you really do not need coverage of 4000 or 5000 sft. If you are not a gamer, you may not need a router for gaming. There are other choices that will fit your needs. Make the smart choice and do let us know what it is!