Winters are just fine until we start freezing! When it snows outside, we want nothing to do but to snuggle up in oversized sweatshirts with our loved ones. But, the freezing weather does not allow it until we have a good heater setup.
A propane heater, according to us, is the best choice because it is affordable and efficient. Moreover, it is safe and can easily heat up over 1000 sq ft. area without any problems. What we love most about propane, though, is that it burns clean. This means that the environment won’t have to suffer due to fumes to keep you warm and toasty.
Now, if you brought a wall heater home and have no clue how to install a propane tank, you are in the right place. We shall help you with a step-by-step guide on the same. Let’s begin.
How to Hook up a Propane Tank to a Wall Heater?
We shall start by assuring you that the process is simple. You just need to follow each step carefully.
- Decide on the position of your wall heater. This is an important step because it will determine the feasibility of your propane tank being outside. Choose a wall that can facilitate this.
- Now, carefully remove the heater from its packaging and check whether all the required hardware is there. You need screws and brackets for installation.
- Mark the exact places to drill the holes for the brackets. Use the heater as a reference, of course. Hold it where you want to install it and make the markings.
- After this, put the heater aside and determine where the propane hose will reach the heater. Drill a hole in this place.
- Now, drill holes for the brackets to stay in place and mount your heater.
- Take the hose and push it through the hole.
- After ensuring that the propane tank is switched OFF, connect the hose to the propane tank and to the wall heater. You may need an adapter for this based on the connecting plugs.
- Make sure you connected everything correctly and properly. A secure connection must be established.
- Now, switch the propane tank ON. Check the knob and the ignition settings. They should all work well.
All there’s left to do now is to get back inside and enjoy the warmth! In the long-term, you will also enjoy significant savings.
Can you use a 20 lb Propane Tank on a Wall Heater?
It is illegal in most places to store a 20 lb propane tank at home. It is also very dangerous. You can only have disposable cylinders, weighing 1 pound each.
Do Propane Heaters Need Regulators?
Yes, they need pressure regulators. The absence of these regulators can cause an explosion due to the release of too much gas.
How Do You Run a Propane Line Through a Wall?
You drill a hole using a long drill bit and then run the hose through it.
We are positive that you can now install the propane tank and your wall heater with the utmost ease. If you have questions, please direct them to us through the comments section.